HARLEM, NY — The document-substantial $99 billion finances handed by the Metropolis Council in late June includes tens of millions of dollars flowing to Harlem.
Billed as a “restoration funds” by Mayor Bill de Blasio and Council Speaker Corey Johnson, the paying package for the 2022 fiscal year — which starts Oct. 1 of this yr — was bolstered by billions of bucks in federal stimulus resources.
In addition to important citywide objects like a $15 million “toddler bonds plan” and $4 million for CUNY scholarships, the budget also includes smaller sized community funding allocated by Harlem’s three Council customers: Diana Ayala, Invoice Perkins and Mark Levine.
Patch reviewed the 2022 money price range document and picked out some notable community money in every single element of Harlem:
Central Harlem (Perkins)
- Safety cameras in Morningside Park: $500,000
- Alexander Hamilton Playground retaining wall: $440,000
Housing and health care:
- NYPL Hamilton Grange Department library: $201,000
- Harlem Stage: $200,000
- P.S. 36 Margaret Douglass tech updates: $150,000
- Urban Assembly School for the Accomplishing Arts tile replacement: $75,000
- P.S. 125 Manhattan tech updates: $150,000
- P.S. 153 tech updates: $75,000
- Hamilton Heights School rest room upgrades: $100,000
- P.S. 161 Pedro Albizu Campos tech upgrades: $100,000
- Hamilton Grange Center Faculty cooling system, tech updates: $175,000
- New Style and design Center Faculty: $75,000
- P.S. 210 tech updates: $100,000
- Mott Hall College: $75,000
- Teachers College or university Community School tech upgrades: $100,000
East Harlem (Ayala)
- Randall’s Island Park sunken garden connector: $225,000
- Thomas Jefferson Recreational Middle: $300,000
- P.S. 155 unspecified park upgrades: $800,000
Housing & health care:
- Franklin Plaza: $1,500,000
- NYC Wellbeing & Hospitals/Metropolitan: $1,918,000
- Museum of the Town of New York: $203,000
- Union Settlement: $700,000
- NYPL 110th Avenue Department library: $201,000
- Heckscher Making: $1,000,000
- Central Park East Superior University: $50,000
- NYC Autism Constitution University: $200,000
- P.S. 72: $300,000
- P.S. 83: $172,000
- P.S. 96: $550,000
- Mosaic Preparatory Academy: $100,000
- Heritage University: $50,000
- P.S. 112: $278,000
- Proficient And Gifted faculty: $150,000
- P.S. 38: $75,000
- P.S. 146 Anna M. Limited: $220,000
- P.S. 171 Patrick Henry: $100,000
- Younger Women’s Leadership School: $75,000
The separate expenditure funds also features several smaller sized allocations to neighborhood groups like The Brotherhood Sister Sol, Avenue Corner Methods and Determine Skating in Harlem.
Only Levine essentially voted for the price range, even though Perkins and Ayala have been each not present. The funds has faced criticism from some progressives for its $200 million allocation to the NYPD.
To lookup as a result of the comprehensive checklist of projects sponsored by Harlem’s council associates, research Levine’s, Perkins’s or Ayala’s names in the expenditure price range or funds spending plan documents.